COME AND VISIT ME AT PINKFLUFFYWARRIOR.COM

Saturday 19 January 2013

Giant granny square FINISHED!!!

HELLO!
I finished my giant granny square!  
I thought that it was going to be ANOTHER one of those unfinished things that lurk in my basket! ( I say basket, but really it's a foot stool that I shove everything in!)

I was a little unsure about a white boarder, but I had an idea that needed something plain.

!!!!!!!!!!!FLOWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

48 to be precise! 
All made on the inside pegs of my flower loom.
I stitched each flower on using a little yellow bead for the flower center.

I'm a very happy bunny, and am pleased with how it has turned out!





The secret I found to keeping it square is to simply turn. As you finish each round, turn your square over to work the next round. I also joined my yarn on a different corner for every round. I hope that helps anyone thinking of making one too!

Till next time
xxx












21 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful blanket and the flowers around the edge are a really pretty finishing touch ~ love it! :O)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it turned out gorgeous!! lovely colors and the flowers are a wonderful addotion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! It's very cheery and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it's gorgeous and the addition of the flowers was inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blanket & the flowers! Am definately going to steal the flowers idea. I have (way too many) button needing to be used, so will used some of the, as centres.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah! I love it! And those flowers...just the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is soooo pretty! And thanks for that idea of using a flower loom - I got myself one ages ago and I never use it; this is the push I needed! :)
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely blanket! And flowers... very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, it looks so great!!
    xo,martina♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing1 love everything about this blanket!!!!
    thank you for the tips!!
    xxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wat mooi gemaakt en lekker warm nu!
    Groetjes Tineke
    bollies53.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. super cute! Thanks for the tips on keeping it square. I giant granny is on my ever-so-long list of crochet to do's.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness!! Talk about beautiful!! I love your designs and colors! So talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a delight! Colors, flowers--perfect. I've never even made a basic granny square before. Is there a formula you use to do this?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my!! its simple beautiful. Now I need one too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi,Thanks for the tip.I am making one too I am on the 13th row and it is starting to go wonky.How large did you make it.This is my first blanket still learning.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is totally to-die-for CUTE! Wonderful job. So happy and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i really love those flowers around the border...it adds so much pizazz!!
    how do you make those flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Im had to do that to. turning it. but i like having one right side and one wrong side but the uneven wonkey square with saggy ends drove me insane. so i had to turn it each round.

    your blanket is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  20. Turning in each round does help to keep it square. I just made one. Did you block your blanket? I am wondering if I should. Flowers look lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love reading them!
Hugs to you all.
xxx